How often have you bought an expensive Market Umbrella, set it up outside and suddenly had a gust of wind come through – destroying it in seconds? I know – it happened to me!!
Now you can have your broken umbrella professionally repaired and returned to its former glory! We also sell brand new market umbrellas and (subject to approval) accept your old broken umbrellas as a trade-in. Contact us via email for further details. Our Workshop is UP THE LANE behind the Fairway Street Shops.
First of all, let’s tell you about the umbrellas we DON’T repair!
Let’s define some parts of the Market Umbrellas we DO repair !
- The ‘arms’ of all market umbrellas form the shade skeleton of both alloy and timber types. These are called struts. Struts are often the first casualty in a market umbrella incident. They support the canopy and are raised and lowered by various mechanisms. They are frequently damaged. Typically, timber umbrellas use a single or double external pulley system to elevate the struts and alloy umbrellas use a more complex internal winding system which involves a mechanical winder and a cord. On alloy umbrellas, cords are also prone to failure.
- The upper and middle hubs support the struts, acting as a multiple pivot point at the top and centre of the umbrella. Older style hubs in timber umbrellas tend to be produced from turned timber. Over time, these can split and cause the total collapse of the unit. Hubs in alloy umbrellas are either alloy or plastic. Both types can fail in the event of wind damage.
- Mechanical winders are used with many types of alloy umbrellas. An internal cord runs inside the umbrella pole from the winder to the centre hub (sometimes referred to as a spreader). Winders have either a friction plate or mechanical set device. Both of these types can fail. Damage can be caused simply by wear, by accident or a combination of both.
Our Market Umbrella Repairs include:
- Strut Repairs and replacements to timber and alloy struts
- Winder Repairs
- Cord Replacement – we replace broken and snapped cords with high quality Australian cord
- Top and Centre Hub replacement
We also have a limited range of:
- Umbrella Protective Covers. These slip over umbrellas when not in use, protecting them from the elements and extending umbrella life
- Market Umbrella stands
- New and good quality secondhand umbrella canopies
- New market umbrellas at excellent prices – if we can’t repair your umbrella we’ll gladly trade it in and offer you a competitive price on a new replacement
You’re in the suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria and you can’t get your umbrella to us?
For an additional fee, we can collect your umbrella and return it once repaired. Quotes for travel and courier costs are prepared on a per job basis – please contact us on 0423 351 555.
Can our Umbrella Canopy be commercially cleaned?
Canopies are exposed to the elements, with both timber and alloy umbrella canopies often developing unsightly marks and mildew staining. In many cases we are able to commercially clean your canopy. The canopy needs to be in generally sound order, and lighter colors are more successful than darker ones. Some marks (such as rust and alloy stains) can’t be removed, however a commercial clean will generally improve the appearance of your unit and greatly extend your umbrella’s serviceable life.
Please Note: We recommend that you purchase a protective zip cover for your umbrella once it’s cleaned. Using a cover over your market umbrella protects it when not in use and helps guarantee a long life for your investment. The Broken Umbrella is able to supply a wide range of high-quality protective covers for market umbrellas – Please call us for details on 0423 351 555.
The best way to get a fast result – send us some photos of your broken umbrella!
Market Umbrellas come in many shapes and sizes. As independent repairers, we work with a large number of differently sourced and manufactured products. One of the best ways to get a quick solution to your umbrella problem is to email some photos of your umbrella to us at email@example.com, together with a brief description of the problem.
It’s also handy to know (if possible) the age of your umbrella, the make (are there any identifying marks/labels/manufacturers’ details on the umbrella?) and its purchase location. These are not essential details but they may help us with obtaining replacement parts or other advice from the original manufacturers or importers. It all helps to give your umbrella the best possible chance to be “brought back to life” by The Broken Umbrella!!
We’ve done our best, but your market umbrella can’t be repaired
On rare occasions we’re unable to repair your umbrella. This is often due to a broken component or part for which there are no replacement parts available. Manufacturers and importers tend to supply a very limited range of parts – some supply none at all. In these circumstances we are happy to use your damaged umbrella as a trade-in on a new umbrella – we have a limited supply of new stock – or to refer you to a preferred supplier/retailer.
View our Gallery
Contact ‘The Broken Umbrella’
Please contact us to confirm our Opening Hours – We sometimes need to be onsite & can’t be at our Workshop !
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0423 351 555 to confirm a time.
Monday – By arrangement.
Tuesday – Generally 8:30am to 12.00pm.
Wednesday – Generally 8:30am to 12.00pm.
Thursday – By arrangement.
Friday – By arrangement.
Saturday – 8:30am to 12:00pm